Many times God blesses us with His things, but after a while they loose it e.g job, good marriage, favour, goodness e.t.c, so it is important that we learn how to defend that which God has given unto us .
2 Samuel 23:8-12 These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.
And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo the Ahohite, one of the three mighty men with David, when they defied the Philistines that were there gathered together to battle, and the men of Israel were gone away:
He arose, and smote the Philistines until his hand was weary, and his hand clave unto the sword: and the LORD wrought a great victory that day; and the people returned after him only to spoil.
And after him was Shammah the son of Agee the Hararite. And the Philistines were gathered together into a troop, where was a piece of ground full of lentiles: and the people fled from the Philistines.
But he stood in the midst of the ground, and defended it, and slew the Philistines: and the LORD wrought a great victory.
What do I mean by your portion? Each one of us have a portion and it is your destiny. As God has done for each of us, your destiny is that place of honour that God has set before you and it includes your spiritual heritage, your salvation, health, relationship with Christ, provision. Whatever God promises in his scripture is your portion and never allow anyone to tell you that God has no plan for you. Your destiny is your portion.
- Your portion reflects God’s given gift and talent :- He has blessed us with gifts, talents for us to arrive at the place of Honor. Though, they are given by God but they may not be in operation because sometimes, we allow satan to take the gift of God from us. If you don’t defend your gifts someone else will take it from you.
- Your portion represents the opportunities God brings your way:- each one of us will be given an open door, advantage in life. It is your portion, you have to defend it and develop your gifts well.
- Your portion is your achievement and your successes:- all you have achieved or obtained in life e.g marriage, relationship with God, health e.t.c are your achievements.
When God blesses you with something, adversaries will arise to fight you over what God has blessed you with.
The devil is attracted to every thing God is involved with or people interested in. Our chief adversary is satan, he also works with human beings.
Many times when we have laboured for something and when it is time to reap, the enemy shows up.
The Philistines surrounded the isrealites even when they were not invited because of what God has done for them and what they saw.
Once the enemy sees what God has done for you, they will come, you don’t need to invite them
Satan is a gate crasher, he will come when things are about to work out after you have worked so hard. And when the enemies comes, friends will flee.
Many times in life, you will fight alone. When you get into trouble people or your friends leave with excuses.
Many people ask this question when going through difficulties, ‘Why me? ‘
- The simple answer is because you are you. Because you are different, the enemy attacks basically because you are not on his side, you belong to a different group.
People don’t attack you because you are like them, but because you are different, when you stand out from the crowd, it is easy for you to be targetted.
- Because you produce results:- when you are unfruitful people leave you alone, your productivity will attract somebody.
Stay in life and do nothing then no one will trouble you and you will be the best person to everyone.
You get attacked because you are producing results. Sometimes your success threatens and annoy people because it reminds them of their failure.
- People will attack you because your success will encourage people to trust God:- your testimony is stopped because others will hear and believe God, they will hear and trust God. In other to stop the success stories from getting to others they stop the one who started it.
Whenever you are the first to start anything successful, it comes with a special attack because the satan won’t want you to effect other people with your breakthrough. Satan does not want your story to spread.
You have to stand firm when God gives you a blessing, it is your responsibility to defend it and keep it . Always learn to win the blessings of life.