Have you ever tried to download a file of tens or even hundreds of gigabytes? Depending on the speed of your connection, you may be informed that the download could take several hours, even days, to complete! However, if you have an excellent connection, the download itself may only take a few minutes. The difference is incredible, right?
Likewise, have you noticed that some Christians seem to have a much better connection with God than others? Yet, here is what the Bible says: ” In truth à perceive that God is no respecter of persons; but that in any nation whoever fears him and works justly is pleasing to him “(acts 10:34-35 )
In other words, God does not have a “favorite puppy” or a “favorite child”. So what helps us to have a connection “high speed à ” with him? Here are 7 practical ways:
- Think about the Lord regularly… the Bible says that as we think in our hearts, so we are! (proverbs 23:7)
- Immerse yourself in His Word… not just with a dry reading, but rather by meditating on several verses, dwelling on a word that has touched your heart.
- Let the Holy Spirit act in your life, let Him speak to you! For many Christians it is not natural to listen to God’s voice, but those who do, have a stronger bond with Him!
- Practice habits, spiritual disciplines, like Jesus who regularly went to pray in the Garden of Gethsemane.
- Praise and worship God in singing! Worship connects us to God! When we praise Him by singing, for example, we shine with joy and our faces are not ashamed. (see the Bible, psalm 34:5 )
- Be grateful. Gratitude brings us closer to God’s heart. Start and end your days with “Thank you, Lord, for…” and then mention at least 5 things you are grateful for.
- Emulate those whose faith is great! Paul said: ” Imitate me, just as I imitate Christ “. (the Bible,1 Corinthians 11:1) Look for role models, imitate them, and most naturally, you will see the Lord act more in your life!