It is important we take note of these things if we are concerned about our growth.
- Study your Bible
- Obey God
- Luke 18:1. And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint. (KJV).
Prayer is a means of communication, it is expected we do this regularly if we want to grow.
- 2Tim.2.15 Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth. (AMP)
Learning, understanding and applying the truth of God’s word is the sure way of growing spiritually as a new believer.
Studying involves reading and meditating; analysing, researching and relating the word within context.
Listening to messages from other preachers who teach the word also helps to understand the word.
Praying and asking the holyspirit to help you understand the word of God brings about revelation- deep insight, into the scriptures.
- John.14.23 Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. (NIV)
One of the ways a christian hears from God is through the word of God. There are instructions on ways we are to love and treat others as well as how to obey God.
When we follow these instructions, then it shows we are good children of God.
God loves obedience and rewards his children when the obey him by blessing them
- Rom.6.4 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives. (NLT) Getting baptised is identifying with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ our Lord and saviour. Baptism involves lowering a new believer in the water this signifies the death of our old nature which is prone to sin and being raised out of the water signifies our new life, a new being with a new nature. The nature of christ. Now our spirit is renewed but our physical body will have to learn by daily studying the bible and obeying God to emulate Christ.
- Luke 6:38. Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.(KJV).
Giving is a one of the commandments given by God, give according to the leading of the Holy Spirit.